I’ve never been a super fit person, but one of the things I’ve noticed about getting older is that I can no longer just maintain or lose weight via portion control. Also ever since I started dating my boyfriend more than two years ago, I’ve gotten more, ahem, happy fat. This year, one of my personal resolutions is to live a healthier life overall – both through regular exercise and also through healthy eating – which is why I’m partnering with GoodLife Fitness to jump start my healthy lifestyle.
I will be participating in the 3-month challenge, this challenge includes an initial life changer assessment which will review my life habits such as sleep, diet and exercise, and then create a weekly action plan incorporates cardio, strength training, classes and more. My initial assessment will be used as a benchmark for any progress, and then at the end of the 12 weeks I will (hopefully) see some improvements in all aspects of my life.
I’d like to invite one of you to share this journey with me, so I am working with GoodLife Fitness to give one lucky reader a FREE one month membership to any GoodLife Fitness location across Canada.
You have several ways to enter:
The giveaway is open to Canadians over the age of 18, and will end on Tuesday, March 1 at midnight PST. Good luck!
Burt’s Bees Lip Balms are cult classics. One of the first Lip Balms I’ve ever purchased was a Burt’s Bees, and throughout the years they’ve released a plethora of different flavours. This year, they are introducing the new Apple Caramel which is a delicious scented lip balm that also moisturizes and repairs your lips. I can’t stop smacking my lips when I use this, and I’m constantly reapplying because of that yummy scent.
Burt’s Bees also offers the following incredible scents in their classic lip balm formula:
- NEW Apple Caramel – smells absolutely amazing and very decadent
- Pink Grapefruit Moisturizing Lip Balm – my favourite because I love grapefruit scented everything!
- Pomegranate Moisturizing Lip Balm – smells delicious
- Coconut & Pear Moisturizing Lip Balm – LOVE coconut
- Vanilla Bean Moisturizing Lip Balm – great for the dessert lover!
- Honey Moisturizing Lip Balm – ultra soothing
- Mango Moisturizing Lip Balm -super tropical and a favourite of the boyfriend’s
To celebrate the launch of Apple Caramel, I’m working with Burt’s Bees to give you the chance to win your own set of eight Burt’s Bees Lip Balms (seven listed up top, plus the original Beeswax Lip Balm). All you have to do is follow my Instagram and the Burt’s Bees Canada Instagram, like the photo, and tag a friend with the hashtag #UNCAPFLAVOUR. The contest is open to Canadian residents, 18 years of age or older. Contest ends midnight PST on December 14, 2015. Good luck!
I’m a big fan of Jack Black products because they’re simple, easy to use, and effective. In honour of Movember, I’m collaborating with Jack Black to give one lucky reader the chance to win a Jack Black skincare set for men. If you’re unaware about Movember, it takes place during the month of November where men grow out their beards to promote the awareness of men’s health.
One winner will receive:
The newly released Jack Black Beard Oil contains an exclusive blend of certified organic natural oils, potent antioxidants and vitamins work to enhance beard appearance and the condition of the skin underneath. During Movember, you can keep your beard and the skin underneath moisturized and healthy.
Deadline is November 18, 2015. Contest open to Canadians only, and winner must respond within 48 hours otherwise another winner will be picked. Thanks for entering and good luck!
Last month, I was invited to kick off a celebration of the Vancouver International Film Festival with London Drugs, in partnership with Neostrata who is VIFF’s official Style in Film sponsor for this year. Neostrata is the first cosmeceutical brand in Canada, known for their use of innovative ingredients in their products. They pioneered the use of AHA in skincare, and currently their products feature glycolic acid, which is great for treating acne, dark spots, and also for anti-aging purposes.
To mark this special partnership, Neostrata and London Drugs are giving away the opportunity to win an all-expenses paid trip to VIFF. Secondary prizes include a $100 London Drugs gift card redeemable towards NeoStrata® products, or a pair of VIFF movie tickets. Contest ends September 13, 2015.
How to enter:
- Spend $50 on any NeoStrata® product(s) and receive the NeoStrata® Healthy Skin Essentials Gift Box (valued at $52.00) from any London Drugs location (not available at londondrugs.com).
- Enter the unique contest code found inside your Gift Box here.
Tell us which NeoStrata® product you love, and why! Submit your 300-word essay to London Drugs, 12831 Horseshoe Place, Richmond, BC V7A 4X5, c/o Marketing.
Thank you to London Drugs for this wonderful experience, and I can’t wait for VIFF to start up this year!
I’m ashamed to say that I’m not the biggest dessert person in the world. I find most desserts to be too sweet, but I’m happy to say that I’ve found a delicious and relatively healthy alternative to traditional desserts. Menchie’s, a Los Angeles-based chain, is expanding lots in Vancouver and they’ve recently introduced a new Oreo flavour that is super yummy and a great creamy alternative to my favourite Oreo ice cream.
Some fun facts about Menchie’s:
- In the summer of 2015, Menchie’s will have 116 locations across Canada, and are planning to have another nine by the end of the year
- The new Oreo cookie flavour is now one of over 150 flavours (!!!) available at Menchie’s (it’s definitely one of my faves)
- Menchie’s is the largest growing frozen yogurt franchise in Canada
As a newly minted Menchie’s Ambassador, I visited the Menchie’s location at South Surrey Morgan Crossing with the boyfriend to create our own frozen yogurt desserts. My creation (on the right) comprised of the Oreo yogurt, cheesecake bits, fresh kiwi fruit, and mango flavour burst ball thingies, all inside a yummy waffle bowl; I call mine the Kiwi Explosion. The boyfriend’s was mango yogurt with sour peaches and mango bursting balls. Both were super delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day.
As a Menchie’s Ambassador, I’m giving my readers an opportunity to win your own VIP pass to Menchie’s for the summer.
- Follow Menchies on Twitter or Instagram and@MaddyLovesBlog on Instagram and Twitter
- Tweet/share an image of your Menchie’s creation using the hashtag #MenchiesMyWay, include the name of your creation, and tag both myself and Menchies
I will choose a winner based on creativity for Menchie’s creation and name. The winner will receive a Menchie’s Summer VIP Pass that will give you 7 complimentary visits (up to $8 each) to your local Menchie’s in Canada.
Contest ends August 31, 2015, and you have to be resident of Canada in order to win. The Menchie’s Summer VIP Pass expires on October 31, 2015.
Summer is a popular time for people to attend music festivals or go on road trips with friends. Today I’m giving away a Festival Survival Kit featuring products from Aveeno, Clean & Clear, Listerine and Polysporin valued at over $200. If you’re attending Squamish Valley Music Festival next month, you’ll definitely need this kit. It comes with everything you need to look and feel fresh, to make the most out of your festival experience. This kit seems perfect to bring on longer hikes, camping trips, or road trips as well as it has everything you need for those minor emergencies.
This contest was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Inc.
These festival survival products will include some useful lifesavers such as:
- Aveeno Sun Protect & Hydrate SPF 30 as sunscreen to protect your skin when you’re out in the sun and heat all day.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Targeted Tone Corrector to treat any dark spots caused by sun damage.
- Band-Aid Waterproof Tough-Strips, for those minor scratches and bruises.
- Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets to keep your skin looking fresh all day.
- Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All-in-One Cleansing Wipes to take it all off at the end of the day.
- Polysporin Assorted Blister Pads, Cracked Heel Cream, and Pain and Itch Relief to help with any foot pain or pesky mosquito bites.
My absolute must-haves from this list are the Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets and the Listerine Pocket Paks, both of which are designed to keep you feeling and looking fresh. I’ve been using both products for years and I’ve never looked to other alternatives that work as effectively as the Clean & Clear and Listerine.
Win these products:
You can enter the giveaway by:
- Following me on Twitter
- Tweeting on Twitter < WIN a Festival Survival Kit from Aveeno, Clean & Clear, MORE (valued $200+) via @maddylovesblog! Deets http://wp.me/pXD4Z-1Z5 #ad #contest >
- Liking my Facebook Page
- Commenting on this blog post about which of the products listed above you want to try the most
- Contest open to Canadians only
- Ends Tuesday, August 4 at 9PM PST/12 midnight EST
Summer is here and that means new makeup! I’m working with London Drugs to give away an Emani Cosmetics gift set worth $150. Emani Cosmetics is a vegan makeup company and they’re now available at London Drugs! I’m giving away the following products, with a total retail value of $150+.
Deadline is Midnight PST on Wednesday, June 17, 2015. Open to Canadians only.
I’m pairing up with Nivea to give away a Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle prize pack, including the newly released Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Serum Pearls. The Serum Pearls contain the highest concentration of the energy coenzyme Q10 within the entire Q10 skin care range, and it is formulated with 3 anti-aging ingredients that mimic those found in the skin – coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, and creatine – all of which help to smooth skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles to create a refined and younger-looking skin.
The coolest thing about the Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Serum Pearls is that the coenzyme Q10 is encased in serum pearls that are suspended in a clear liquid, which then combined with the rest of the ingredients once it’s applied on the skin for the highest penetration of active ingredients. Now you get to try the Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Serum Pearls, plus a selection of other Nivea Q10 Plus products by entering in this giveaway!
Deadline is Midnight PST on Thursday, April 30, 2015. Open to Canadians only.
Hi my awesome readers! Today, I’m collaborating with MYTagalongs to bring you a giveaway for various travel and organization pouches. I’ve used MYTagalong organizing pill pouches before for vitamins, they’re super handy for travelling or for keeping at the office, instead of lugging around the entire pill jar. They come in fun colours that are cute and vibrant, not to mention easy to spot in your luggage or handbag. With so much variety in colour and design, there’s something available for everyone!
You will win:
- 1 x Earbud case
- 1 x Organizing pouch set for travel and electronics
- 1 x Stuff & Go Tube
The total value of this giveaway is over $30.
Deadline is Midnight PST on Tuesday March 31, 2015. Open to Canadians only.
UPDATE!! Giveaway extended to Saturday, August 11, 2012!
Every year I’m doing this giveaway now for my blog anniversary, which is at the end of June, and my birthday, which is mid-July. I’m really excited to be able to share my happiness for my blog anniversary and birthday with you, as well as thank you for another year of reading and supporting my blog! This is my 2nd blog anniversary on WordPress, as well as my fourth year of blogging.
Set #1 (for the draw)
- Stila In the Moment Eyeshadow Palette (thanks to Stila Canada)
- Stila One Step Illuminator (thanks to Stila Canada)
- Lise Watier Duo Eyeshadow and Glitter (thanks to Lise Watier)
- Marcelle Hydra-C Energizing Hydrating Gel (one of my favourite moisturizers, read the review here – thanks to Marcelle)
- Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara (thanks to Marcelle)
- Vasanti Lipshine (thanks to Vasanti)
- Ardell Fashion Lashes in 105 + Ardell Lash Grip Adhesive (thanks to Ardell)
- Soulstice Spa Nail Colours in Rome, Geneva, Kona & Provence (thanks to Nail Polish Canada)
- AmorePacific deluxe skincare set (thanks to AmorePacific)
Set #2 (for commenting):
- Anyone can enter, as your your country’s laws
- You do not need to be a follower/subscriber (but you can get additional entries if you do subscribe, ^__^)
- Once winners have been chosen, I will contact you and you have up to 48 hours to confirm your win. If you do not respond within 48 hours, I will choose another winner.
Enter the draw by:
- Commenting with your name and a valid e-mail address so I can get in contact with you if you win (Mandatory – 1 entry)
- Joining the Maddy Loves Facebook Page (Optional – 1 entry)
- Subscribing to Maddy Loves via Bloglovin’ (Optional – 1 entry)
- Follow MaddyLovesBlog on Twitter and tweet “I entered @MaddyLovesBlog’s giveaway. Win makeup, skincare, nail polish valued at over $200! #MaddyLovesGiveaway http://www.tinyurl.com/maddylovesgives” (Optional – 1 entry)
- I would really appreciate ut if you can help spread the word about my contest by writing a blog post about this giveaway or including the link and photo in a visible location on your blog. If you can help out, you get 2 extra entries as thank-yous for your time & effort ❤
Enter the prize for commenting by:
- Comment as often as possible on my blog from now until the deadline (both comments from previous blog entries and new blog entries will be counted, but only if the comment was posted up after the start of the giveaway).
- The person who has the most number of comments will win.
- Comments on this blog post for entering the contest will not count.
You can enter up to 6 times (up to 6 comments) per person for the draw, and as often as you want for the commenting prize.
That’s it! Anyone can enter; you don’t have to be a follower or subscribe to my blog to enter. The deadline to enter the draw and to comment is Saturday, August 11, 2011 at 11:59PM PST