Live Clean makes my absolute favourite hand wash formula ever. I’ve been using this stuff for over 5 years and I stock every bathroom in my house with it. I wash my hands very vigorously and regularly so I need something that is effective on dirt yet gentle on my skin. In addition for being super sudsy, Live Clean hand soaps are also very soothing and nourishing on my perpetually dry hands.
Live Clean body washes are also a staple in my house, not only are they inexpensive and offer great value for money, unlike other drugstore body washes, they offer a great cleanse without stripping the skin. I keep the Coconut Milk formula in my guest shower (along with bottles of the Live Clean shampoo and conditioner) as the scent is warming and great for a pre-bedtime shower.
I’m so excited that Live Clean is offering this generous giveaway to Maddy Loves readers where you can win a set of three body washes and three hand soaps. The formulas I’ve picked are all amazing for keeping your skin beautifully hydrated and nourished for the upcoming winter season.
You can win these products
- Rich and creamy, Live Clean Coconut Milk Moisturizing Body Wash gently cleanses while restoring moisture balance and renewed vitality to the skin. The natural oils found in Coconut Milk as well as Apricot oil and Vitamins C, E and B deeply care for skin and improve its overall softness and beauty. 500 mL. Suggested retail $7.49 – $7.99.
- Live Clean Vanilla Oatmeal Soothing Body Wash is formulated to gently – but oh so effectively – cleanse and soothe dry skin, leaving it silky smooth and moisturized. In addition to Oatmeal, with its antioxidant, natural healing properties, certified organic botanicals of Vanilla and Chamomile nourish the skin. The fragrance? Heavenly. 500 mL. Suggested retail $7.49 – $7.99.
- Famed for its moisturizing qualities, Monoi Oil of Tahiti hydrates and nourishes the skin. Live Clean Exotic Vitality Monoi Oil Calming Body Wash has certified organic Jojoba Oil and fair trade Bamboo extract that penetrate deeply, softening and nourishing the skin. The result – skin that’s both cleansed and protected. 500 mL. Suggested retail $7.49 – $7.99.
- Rich, creamy and lightly scented, Live Clean Coconut Milk Moisturizing Liquid Hand Soap is not just an effective cleanser, it hydrates and restores moisture balance. It’s enriched with Vitamins C, E and B to deeply care for hands and improve their natural beauty. 500 mL. Suggested retail: $4.99 – $5.99.
- A light vanilla scent and the soothing powers of oatmeal come to life in Live Clean Vanilla Oatmeal Soothing Liquid Hand Soap. We’ve blended Vitamin E, Panthenol and certified organic botanicals of Vanilla and Chamomile in this richly lathering, hydrating liquid hand soap that gently cleanses and delivers superior softening and moisturizing, leavings hands feeling soft and silky smooth. 500 mL. Suggested retail: $4.99 – $5.99.
- In Live Clean Exotic Vitality Monoi Oil Liquid Hand Soap, we’ve harnessed Monoi Oil, a natural blend of rich coconut oil infused with Tahiti’s native Tiaré flower, to hydrate your hands while you’re cleansing. Certified organic Jojoba Oil and Bamboo extract deeply penetrate to soften your hands. 500 mL. Suggested retail: $4.99 – $5.99.
All you do to enter is by going to this Instagram post and follow the instructions:
- Follow @maddylovesblog and @livecleancan on Instagram
- Tag as many friends as you want for multiple entries
The giveaway will run until October 11 at which time I’ll contact the winner. It’s that easy! Good luck!
Hard Candy is an extremely affordable yet whimsical makeup brand that is available exclusively at Walmart. The products are all priced under $20, making them very easy and affordable holiday gifts, perhaps for your niece, daughter, or younger sister who is just starting to experiment with makeup. There are 12-day advent calendars for lips, eyes, and nails, all for under $10, as well as a complete eye and cheek kit that contains eyeshadows, blushes, contour, and more. My top pick that is a cute accompaniment to any girls holiday party is their 6-piece holiday cracker collection, for under $15.
For the holiday season, I am working with the brand to spread some holiday cheer by giving one special friend an amazing set of holiday products from Hard Candy. To enter:
Giveaway is open to residents with mailing addresses in Canada only. Deadline to enter is December 4 at midnight PST and a winner will be selected and contacted on the 5th. The chosen winner has 48 hours to respond otherwise another winner will be selected.
I’ve never been a super fit person, but one of the things I’ve noticed about getting older is that I can no longer just maintain or lose weight via portion control. Also ever since I started dating my boyfriend more than two years ago, I’ve gotten more, ahem, happy fat. This year, one of my personal resolutions is to live a healthier life overall – both through regular exercise and also through healthy eating – which is why I’m partnering with GoodLife Fitness to jump start my healthy lifestyle.
I will be participating in the 3-month challenge, this challenge includes an initial life changer assessment which will review my life habits such as sleep, diet and exercise, and then create a weekly action plan incorporates cardio, strength training, classes and more. My initial assessment will be used as a benchmark for any progress, and then at the end of the 12 weeks I will (hopefully) see some improvements in all aspects of my life.
I’d like to invite one of you to share this journey with me, so I am working with GoodLife Fitness to give one lucky reader a FREE one month membership to any GoodLife Fitness location across Canada.
You have several ways to enter:
The giveaway is open to Canadians over the age of 18, and will end on Tuesday, March 1 at midnight PST. Good luck!
Burt’s Bees Lip Balms are cult classics. One of the first Lip Balms I’ve ever purchased was a Burt’s Bees, and throughout the years they’ve released a plethora of different flavours. This year, they are introducing the new Apple Caramel which is a delicious scented lip balm that also moisturizes and repairs your lips. I can’t stop smacking my lips when I use this, and I’m constantly reapplying because of that yummy scent.
Burt’s Bees also offers the following incredible scents in their classic lip balm formula:
- NEW Apple Caramel – smells absolutely amazing and very decadent
- Pink Grapefruit Moisturizing Lip Balm – my favourite because I love grapefruit scented everything!
- Pomegranate Moisturizing Lip Balm – smells delicious
- Coconut & Pear Moisturizing Lip Balm – LOVE coconut
- Vanilla Bean Moisturizing Lip Balm – great for the dessert lover!
- Honey Moisturizing Lip Balm – ultra soothing
- Mango Moisturizing Lip Balm -super tropical and a favourite of the boyfriend’s
To celebrate the launch of Apple Caramel, I’m working with Burt’s Bees to give you the chance to win your own set of eight Burt’s Bees Lip Balms (seven listed up top, plus the original Beeswax Lip Balm). All you have to do is follow my Instagram and the Burt’s Bees Canada Instagram, like the photo, and tag a friend with the hashtag #UNCAPFLAVOUR. The contest is open to Canadian residents, 18 years of age or older. Contest ends midnight PST on December 14, 2015. Good luck!
I’m a big fan of Jack Black products because they’re simple, easy to use, and effective. In honour of Movember, I’m collaborating with Jack Black to give one lucky reader the chance to win a Jack Black skincare set for men. If you’re unaware about Movember, it takes place during the month of November where men grow out their beards to promote the awareness of men’s health.
One winner will receive:
The newly released Jack Black Beard Oil contains an exclusive blend of certified organic natural oils, potent antioxidants and vitamins work to enhance beard appearance and the condition of the skin underneath. During Movember, you can keep your beard and the skin underneath moisturized and healthy.
Deadline is November 18, 2015. Contest open to Canadians only, and winner must respond within 48 hours otherwise another winner will be picked. Thanks for entering and good luck!
Last month, I was invited to kick off a celebration of the Vancouver International Film Festival with London Drugs, in partnership with Neostrata who is VIFF’s official Style in Film sponsor for this year. Neostrata is the first cosmeceutical brand in Canada, known for their use of innovative ingredients in their products. They pioneered the use of AHA in skincare, and currently their products feature glycolic acid, which is great for treating acne, dark spots, and also for anti-aging purposes.
To mark this special partnership, Neostrata and London Drugs are giving away the opportunity to win an all-expenses paid trip to VIFF. Secondary prizes include a $100 London Drugs gift card redeemable towards NeoStrata® products, or a pair of VIFF movie tickets. Contest ends September 13, 2015.
How to enter:
- Spend $50 on any NeoStrata® product(s) and receive the NeoStrata® Healthy Skin Essentials Gift Box (valued at $52.00) from any London Drugs location (not available at londondrugs.com).
- Enter the unique contest code found inside your Gift Box here.
Tell us which NeoStrata® product you love, and why! Submit your 300-word essay to London Drugs, 12831 Horseshoe Place, Richmond, BC V7A 4X5, c/o Marketing.
Thank you to London Drugs for this wonderful experience, and I can’t wait for VIFF to start up this year!
I’m ashamed to say that I’m not the biggest dessert person in the world. I find most desserts to be too sweet, but I’m happy to say that I’ve found a delicious and relatively healthy alternative to traditional desserts. Menchie’s, a Los Angeles-based chain, is expanding lots in Vancouver and they’ve recently introduced a new Oreo flavour that is super yummy and a great creamy alternative to my favourite Oreo ice cream.
Some fun facts about Menchie’s:
- In the summer of 2015, Menchie’s will have 116 locations across Canada, and are planning to have another nine by the end of the year
- The new Oreo cookie flavour is now one of over 150 flavours (!!!) available at Menchie’s (it’s definitely one of my faves)
- Menchie’s is the largest growing frozen yogurt franchise in Canada
As a newly minted Menchie’s Ambassador, I visited the Menchie’s location at South Surrey Morgan Crossing with the boyfriend to create our own frozen yogurt desserts. My creation (on the right) comprised of the Oreo yogurt, cheesecake bits, fresh kiwi fruit, and mango flavour burst ball thingies, all inside a yummy waffle bowl; I call mine the Kiwi Explosion. The boyfriend’s was mango yogurt with sour peaches and mango bursting balls. Both were super delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day.
As a Menchie’s Ambassador, I’m giving my readers an opportunity to win your own VIP pass to Menchie’s for the summer.
- Follow Menchies on Twitter or Instagram and@MaddyLovesBlog on Instagram and Twitter
- Tweet/share an image of your Menchie’s creation using the hashtag #MenchiesMyWay, include the name of your creation, and tag both myself and Menchies
I will choose a winner based on creativity for Menchie’s creation and name. The winner will receive a Menchie’s Summer VIP Pass that will give you 7 complimentary visits (up to $8 each) to your local Menchie’s in Canada.
Contest ends August 31, 2015, and you have to be resident of Canada in order to win. The Menchie’s Summer VIP Pass expires on October 31, 2015.
Summer is a popular time for people to attend music festivals or go on road trips with friends. Today I’m giving away a Festival Survival Kit featuring products from Aveeno, Clean & Clear, Listerine and Polysporin valued at over $200. If you’re attending Squamish Valley Music Festival next month, you’ll definitely need this kit. It comes with everything you need to look and feel fresh, to make the most out of your festival experience. This kit seems perfect to bring on longer hikes, camping trips, or road trips as well as it has everything you need for those minor emergencies.
This contest was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Inc.
These festival survival products will include some useful lifesavers such as:
- Aveeno Sun Protect & Hydrate SPF 30 as sunscreen to protect your skin when you’re out in the sun and heat all day.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Targeted Tone Corrector to treat any dark spots caused by sun damage.
- Band-Aid Waterproof Tough-Strips, for those minor scratches and bruises.
- Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets to keep your skin looking fresh all day.
- Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All-in-One Cleansing Wipes to take it all off at the end of the day.
- Polysporin Assorted Blister Pads, Cracked Heel Cream, and Pain and Itch Relief to help with any foot pain or pesky mosquito bites.
My absolute must-haves from this list are the Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets and the Listerine Pocket Paks, both of which are designed to keep you feeling and looking fresh. I’ve been using both products for years and I’ve never looked to other alternatives that work as effectively as the Clean & Clear and Listerine.
Win these products:
You can enter the giveaway by:
- Following me on Twitter
- Tweeting on Twitter < WIN a Festival Survival Kit from Aveeno, Clean & Clear, MORE (valued $200+) via @maddylovesblog! Deets http://wp.me/pXD4Z-1Z5 #ad #contest >
- Liking my Facebook Page
- Commenting on this blog post about which of the products listed above you want to try the most
- Contest open to Canadians only
- Ends Tuesday, August 4 at 9PM PST/12 midnight EST
Summer is here and that means new makeup! I’m working with London Drugs to give away an Emani Cosmetics gift set worth $150. Emani Cosmetics is a vegan makeup company and they’re now available at London Drugs! I’m giving away the following products, with a total retail value of $150+.
Deadline is Midnight PST on Wednesday, June 17, 2015. Open to Canadians only.
I’m pairing up with Nivea to give away a Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle prize pack, including the newly released Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Serum Pearls. The Serum Pearls contain the highest concentration of the energy coenzyme Q10 within the entire Q10 skin care range, and it is formulated with 3 anti-aging ingredients that mimic those found in the skin – coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, and creatine – all of which help to smooth skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles to create a refined and younger-looking skin.
The coolest thing about the Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Serum Pearls is that the coenzyme Q10 is encased in serum pearls that are suspended in a clear liquid, which then combined with the rest of the ingredients once it’s applied on the skin for the highest penetration of active ingredients. Now you get to try the Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Serum Pearls, plus a selection of other Nivea Q10 Plus products by entering in this giveaway!
Deadline is Midnight PST on Thursday, April 30, 2015. Open to Canadians only.