Hello! Due to COVID, our original wedding plans were postponed and instead, Barrie and I got married in an intimate backyard ceremony with just our immediate family present and our closest friends watching on Zoom. I did my own hair and makeup for the day, and I wanted to share the details of my makeup look.
- Guerlain L’Or Primer*
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter*
- Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation*
- Guerlain Multi-Perfecting Concealer*
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Filter Setting Powder
- Paul & Joe Beaute Eye Primer
- Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette (now called the Bella Sofia)*
- Fenty Beauty Flyliner Longwear Liquid Liner
- Dior Diorshow Pump n Volume Mascara*
- Esqido Oh So Sweet Lashes*
- Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer*
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow (for contour and highlight)
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blusher in Sex on Fire*
- Lisa Eldridge Velvet Muse lipstick
- Finishing spray was Urban Decay All Nighter*
I used some of my tried and true makeup products for this makeup look. Even though there were newer products in my collection that were more exciting, these were the ones that I was sure would get me through this day and make me look amazing. My absolute must-have makeup items have been highlighted using italic text in the list above. While I loved most of the products I used, the ones in italics are my ride or die products.
I was a little disappointed with the Esqido lashes. I had been saving these lashes for at least five years and I always knew I wanted to wear them on wedding day. I normally don’t save lashes and only wear them for a day, but this time I tried to save them after, and they completely fell apart while I was cleaning them. I used a water-based micellar cleanser to clean the band but a lot of the lashes fell off the band, making them completely unsalvageable. For a $35 pair of lashes, it’s absolutely insane that you can only wear them once. I don’t think I would recommend these. The band was pretty uncomfortable to wear too, as it was a lot thicker than the KISS lashes I normally wear (I highly recommend those, if you haven’t yet tried them). I had two vials of Esqido lash glue and they both dried out within a year, so I had to use the KISS lash glue which was perfect.
We’re still going to have our “big” wedding next year with the reception and party for all of our family and friends. Let’s just hope this COVID thing eases up a bit so that we can have my family travelling here from China for it.
Thank you for reading!
Products annotated with an asterisk (*) were provided by PR for review consideration; all opinions are my own.
One thought on “MAKEUP | The makeup I did for myself for our backyard ceremony”
You look so beautiful! Congratulations! Your hair and makeup look perfect. As for the Esqido lashes, I guess it might be a YMMV scenario. I also used Esqido lashes on my wedding day, but overall my experience with them was pretty good.