I’m super excited to share with you today Elizabeth Arden‘s summer 2017 Tropical Escape Colour Collection. My excitement for these collection is heightened because we have just booked a trip to Mexico in September, so the tropical colours are really getting to me.
The Elizabeth Arden Tropical Escape Colour Collection is seriously gorgeous. I’m usually meh about most summer collections because usually they’re full of bronzers and sparkles, but this one just feels different. There are a few new products as well, which is very exciting. The first product in the Tropical Escape Colour Collection is the FourEver Bronze Bronzing Powder (C$45), which is a four-in-one highlighter, contour, bronzer, and blush palette. It comes in one shade – medium – which is perfect for anyone who has light to medium skintones. I wasn’t too wowed by this bronzing palette, the individual shades are a tad on the small side so you won’t have a good time using this palette unless you have a smaller cheek brush.
The key ingredients in the FourEver Bronzing Powder are:
- Silica, Mica & Sericite – soft focus microfine particles that diffuse light to blur fine lines and wrinkles
- Dry Flo Starch – absorbs excess surface oils
- Hyaluronic Acid – keeps skin hydrated
- Lecithin – is an emulsifier to soften and smooth skin
- Vitamins C & E – defends against environmental aggressors
Next, we have the Sheer Kiss Lip Oil (C$25), which are balmy, but still pretty pigmented, oily lip glosses. It helps to rejuvenate the skin without giving it a greasy feel, and is absolutely PERFECT for taking along with you on vacation because the packaging is so sleek, and also helps to protect your lips on those windy, salty, beachy shores. The packaging reminds me of those Estee Edit lip balms, but these are definitely way more pigmented. The two shades I got are 03 Coral Caress, which is an orange-based coral, and 04 Rejuvenating Red, which is a skintone brightening milky red.
The key incredients are:
- Coconut Oil – soothes, hydrates and softens lips
- Avovado Oil (second on the ingredients list) – moisturises and conditions with antioxidant protection
- Tsubaki Oil – boosts natural collagen for plumper-looking lips
- Meadowfoam Oil (fourth on the ingredients list) – balances out the lip’s natural oils
- Splianthes Acmella Flower Extract – supports collagen for plumper lips
It also contains peppermint oil, which is also a lip stimulant for plumper lips.
Lastly, we have the Limited Edition Dare to Bare Bronzing Oil (C$45), which is a BEAUTIFUL bronzing oil that also contains a ton of moisturizing oils to keep your body in tip-top shape after swimming in the ocean or the pool the day before. It smells coconutty and has a very warm, tropical scent. The scent also dissipates pretty quickly. I love this because it’s not super glittery, while it’s not only smooth shimmer and you can see some dispersed glitter, it’s still very smooth and not over the top, which will be good when you’re sitting across from someone at the pool and don’t want to blind them.
The key ingredients are:
- Sunflower Seed Oil (first on the list) – maintains the skin’s barrier and decreases moisture loss
- Jojoba Oil and Macadamia Oil (second and third on the ingredients list) – hydrate and soften the skin
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil – helps balance skin’s oil levels for a smooth appearance
- Pomegranate Seed Oil – soothes and protects
- Vitamin E – protects against environmental attack
It also contains mineral oil, which is 5th on the ingredients list, plus mica for the shimmer.
While I’m not normally huge on shimmery body oils, my favourite product in this collection is surprisingly the Dare to Bare Bronzing Oil. I can’t wait to see this in Mexico!
The Elizabeth Arden Tropical Escape Colour Collection is available now at Hudson’s Bay, London Drugs, and Shopper’s Drug Mart.
Product received as PR samples for review consideration; all opinions are my own.