In the last year or so, my Charlotte Tilbury collection has gone from zero to something like 30+ products. After much trial and error, here are my top 5 must-buy products, as well as top 5 products that were duds for me.
- Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in the Dolce Vita – My favourite Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette, and super wearable for all skin tones. The colours are so wearable for both day and night looks; it doesn’t require a primer to show up with full pigmentation; and it stays put ALL DAY without fading, creasing, or smudging, which is completely unheard of for an eyeshadow palette on me without primer. I’ve worn this for 10+ hours straight with no touch-ups and no fading, and the eyeshadow looked as good as when I just applied it. You need this!
- Filmstar Bronze and Glow – If you have a limited budget (okay I’m using a very liberal definition of limited), then you need to buy the Filmstar Bronze and Glow as the only Charlotte Tilbury product. The bronzer gives you the most incredible sun kissed look, while also doubling as a natural sculpt and contour. The highlight is strong and gives you a very beautfiul glow. The powder is ultra refined
- Cheek to Chic Blusher in Sex on Fire – My favourite all-rounder blush from Charlotte Tilbury. It gives me a gorgeous rosy glow that’s great for all year round. Charlotte Tilbury blushes are very finely milled and super long lasting, which is great for those hot summer months when makeup tends to melt off your face.
- Air Brush Flawless Finish Powder – You NEED to feel this the next time you’re at a Charlotte Tilbury counter because it is so finely milled it’s almost creamy. This is the powder that I can pile on without it ever looking cakey or heavy, and even after multiple layers, it still looks really natural, light, and gives you a very smoothed over look. This is the ultimate low maintenance powder, it’s also the only powder I’ve hit pan on.
- Magic Cream + Wonder Glow + Light Wonder Foundation – Okay this is kinda cheating since there are three products here, but I have a legitimate reason for this. I tried the Magic Cream, Wonder Glow, and Light Wonder foundation separately on their own, and they are just meh. I found that the Magic Cream was too heavy, Wonder Glow glowy but not special, and Light Wonder Foundation just not offering enough coverage. However when used together, oh my goodness I get the most incredibly soft focused, glowy skin with medium coverage.
Honourary mentions: Cheek to Chic Blusher in Ecstasy, what I’ve been wearing a lot this summer; K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Bitch Perfect, my perfect pink nude without washing out my features; Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillowtalk, a pretty pale pink lip liner that is creamy and easy to use.
- Goddess Skin Clay Mask – I wanted to love this mask so much, it was one of the first Charlotte Tilbury products I’ve ever purchased. Unfortunately, it doesn’t do much for my skin, and it was expensive ($80…). I will still use it because I can’t bear to throw it away (because expensive…), but it’s just not worth the money or the time. I’d rather spend a few extra bucks to get the Ila Skin Face Mask for Revitalizing Skin, which is AMAZING and completely rejuvenates my skin.
- Magic Eye Rescue – It gave me milia, that’s all.
- Colour Chameleon – I LOVE this eyeshadow stick, it is long wearing, easy to blend, comes in gorgeous colours, and makes my eyes pop. However I’ve had mine for just over a year, with the cap on, and it has already dries to oblivion and now is unusable. I like my eyeshadow crayons to be convenient for on the go, and I can’t bring this out with me because the cap just doesn’t like to stay on, which aggravates the whole drying out thing. For something that is $32, this is just not acceptable, so despite how awesome it is, it’s just not practical or wallet-friendly.
- Feline Flick Pen – I generally prefer a brush applicator over a foam one, so the Feline Flick Pen lost points there. It also smudges on me, which is a big no-no.
- Full Fat Lashes – I know that this is a cult favourite of many people, I just couldn’t to get it to work on me. My lashes are naturally stick straight and also very short, so I need something that is lengthening, volumizing, and also holds a mean curl. This is none of them. It also smudges a bit on my lower lash line. I tried using this so many times, I just couldn’t find myself loving it, which sucks because so many people rave about it.
Honorary mentions: Classic Eye Pencil in Audrey, smudges on me in the first few hours; Magic Cream, Wonder Glow, Light Wonder Foundation separately, I just get much better results with other day creams, primers, and foundations separately, but together it’s like they have some magic synergy power.