Two years ago, Clinique released the Cheek Pop line and everyone went crazy over them. The success was followed by the release of the Pop Lip Colour lipsticks. Early this year, Clinique expanded the Pop line to include eyeshadows, lip glosses, and sheer lipsticks. The eyeshadows – Lid Pops (C$22) – come in the same sunflower imprinted pots as the Cheek Pops, which are super cute. I have five shades to share with you today:
- 01 Vanilla Pop is a matte cream off-white that is perfect for as a base colour. This shade applied creamy with minimal fallout, and stayed on all day.
- 03 Cocoa Pop is a medium, warm-toned brown with a satin finish. I don’t generally gravitate towards browns but this one is very smooth, pigmented, and generally a lovely staple colour.
- 05 Willow Pop is an olive green with gold shimmers. This one is one of two of my favourites of the ones I received, along with Petal Pop. It applies very pigmented and smooth.
- 08 Petal Pop is a beautiful pink with silver almost duochrome shimmer. This definitely my favourite of the bunch. Even though it is sheer compared to the others, it adds a beautiful pop of colour when layered on top of other shadows.
- 11 Surf Pop is an ocean blue with silver shimmers. This is the worst performing of all the shades, applying patchy with lots of fallout.
I’ve tried these a few times and while I do like them, I’m not sure they’re worth $22 each especially because of all the others out there on the market that perform similarly, or even better. These colours aren’t the most unique either, so you will likely find dupes of these in your makeup collection already. The only exception is Petal Pop, which is beautiful and I think everyone should go buy. Otherwise in this era of incredible-performing makeup, these Lid Pops are just not good enough for me to recommend.
Clinique Lid Pops are $22 each and available now at Clinique counters and at Sephora.