Neal’s Yard Remedies, a British brand, is well known for being one of the best and most trusted natural beauty brands on the planet. The brand creates products using all-natural organic ingredients, with product lines designed for certain skin types. It has facial care, bath and body, cosmetics, men’s care, hair care, mother and baby, and aromatherapy products. Neal’s Yard Remedies also just recently celebrated it’s first anniversary on Canadian soil, with one brick and mortar store currently in Calgary and another store currently under construction, also in Calgary.
I was fortunate enough to have the chance to chat with Lisa Costello, CEO of Neal’s Yard Remedies Canada, to get a private skincare consultation for my skin type. Taking into consideration my dehydrated skin type and busy lifestyle, as well as my love for all things rose, Lisa recommended the award-winning Neal’s Yard Remedies Wild Rose Beauty Balm (C$72 for 50mL), which contains 99% organic ingredients, including wild rose seed oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, and a plethora of other natural organic oils. It is a miracle product, the first true all-in-one product that I’ve encountered. You can use the Neal’s Yard Remedies Wild Rose Beauty Balm in ten different ways:
- Cleanser: Massage a small amount onto the face, and remove with the muslin cloth rinsed in warm water.
- Moisturizer: After cleansing and toning, apply a small amount to the face, massaging in with an upward motion.
- Mask: After thoroughly cleansing and exfoliating, apply the balm over the face. Cover the face with a warm washcloth, and relax for 10 minutes. Remove any remaining traces of balm with the muslin cloth, and apply your usual moisturiser.
- Lip Balm: Apply a small amount to the lips to prevent dryness and chapping. Can be used over lipstick to add extra shine.
- Complexion Enhancer: Apply a small amount to the cheekbones for a healthy glow.
- Nail Balm: Massage a small amount of the balm into the cuticles every night to encourage strong nail growth.
- Heel & Elbow Softener: After washing and exfoliating the feet, massage some balm into the heels.
- In-flight Intensive Moisture Boost: During a flight, wear as a moisturiser to lock in moisture, so you arrive with a fresh glowing complexion.
- Eyebrow Tamer: After shaping the eyebrows, apply a small amount of balm to smooth and control.
- Sunburn Relief: After sun exposure, have a warm shower or bath then apply a little Wild Rose Beauty Balm to the sun-exposed areas, and the rosehip will help repair damaged collagen. It also give the skin a glow of radiance.
I’ve mostly used this as a cleanser and spot moisturizer. I find it a bit wasteful to use as a cleanser because it contains all these great ingredients that just get washed away, not to mention you need more than usual to get a good massage going. My favourite way to use this is as a spot moisturizer, either directly on my skin, lips, cuticles, or any other dry spots on my body as needed, or lightly mixed in with my night-time moisturizer for an extra boost of moisture. I also cannot get over how amazing this product smells, especially because its main ingredient is wild rose seed oil. You know I love anything rose, and the Wild Rose Beauty Bomb hits it right in the head with the most perfectly scented rose product ever.
Priced at $72 for 50mL, it’s not cheap but it’s chock full of good ingredients so a tiny bit goes a long way. I’ve been using mine for several months and I’ve only made a small dent in the jar. I honestly think everyone can use a jar of these at home; it’s the perfect multi-tasker. As one of the company’s holy grail products, they often do promotions so keep your eye out! You can purchase your jar of Wild Rose Beauty Balm at NealsYardRemedies.ca.
Ingredients: Rosa canina (Wild rose) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter)*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) seed oil*, Borago officinalis (Starflower) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil*, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa) herb oil*, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) leaf oil*, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol,Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.
*Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 99% organic ingredients.