It’s no secret that every since the brand has launched in Canada, I’ve been completely and utterly obsessed with Charlotte Tilbury. Today is Chinese New Year, and I’m sharing with you my Chinese New Year look featuring reds and golds from Charlotte Tilbury, accompanied by some of my favourite gold-based products from La Prairie and Guerlain. Valentine’s Day is also nearing, and this look with the soft eyes and lip will also make a great romantic look for a night out with your partner.
P.S. Happy Lunar New Year to everyone who celebrates!
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold to prep skin (review to come)
- Guerlain L’Or Radiance Concentrate to prime skin
- Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation to cover (review to come)
- ArtDeco Eyeshadow Base to prime eyes
- Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in Vintage Vamp
- Amaterasu Liquid Eyeliner to line
- Anna Sui Mascara Primer & Top Coat, with one coat of its Length & Separation Mascara
- Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer in No. 03 Ash Brown on brows
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Lotus Glow (review to come)
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow to contour and highlight
The Vintage Vamp palette is the star of my look; it is a beautiful palette containing four coordinating shades to create mesmerizing eyes. The shades are:
- Prime shade: a shimmery metallic pink that feels ultra creamy and smooth
- Enhance shade: a shimmery light burgundy that’s very smooth and pigmented
- Smoke shade: a metallic dark burgundy that’s also beautifully smooth and pigmented
- Pop shade: a glittery gold that has the hardest texture out of all of these. It has barely any base colour, and mostly is just chunky glitter
I love Charlotte Tilbury’s coordinating eye palettes because they are very easy to use with foolproof instructions, as well as excellent quality in terms of texture and pigmentation. I can also see why the Vintage Vamp palette is one of Charlotte’s more popular palettes. The colours are just absolutely beautiful together, with the ability to create a very soft and romantic look or an intense rock-and-roll look, depending on your mood of the day. Since I received this, it has quickly become one of my favourite eye palettes to use.
The light pink Prime shade is absolutely beautiful, applies smoothly (almost creamy) and adheres very well. There was a little bit of powder fallout with the two darker Enhance and Smoke shades, but it cleaned up easy. The only colour I wasn’t super fond of was the Pop shade of this palette because it felt a lot drier and was chunky compared to the other shades, but even then it adhered very well to the middle of my eyelid. For the Chinese New Year look I put together, this pop of gold glitter worked really well with the rest of the look.