I’m ashamed to say that I’m not the biggest dessert person in the world. I find most desserts to be too sweet, but I’m happy to say that I’ve found a delicious and relatively healthy alternative to traditional desserts. Menchie’s, a Los Angeles-based chain, is expanding lots in Vancouver and they’ve recently introduced a new Oreo flavour that is super yummy and a great creamy alternative to my favourite Oreo ice cream.
Some fun facts about Menchie’s:
- In the summer of 2015, Menchie’s will have 116 locations across Canada, and are planning to have another nine by the end of the year
- The new Oreo cookie flavour is now one of over 150 flavours (!!!) available at Menchie’s (it’s definitely one of my faves)
- Menchie’s is the largest growing frozen yogurt franchise in Canada
As a newly minted Menchie’s Ambassador, I visited the Menchie’s location at South Surrey Morgan Crossing with the boyfriend to create our own frozen yogurt desserts. My creation (on the right) comprised of the Oreo yogurt, cheesecake bits, fresh kiwi fruit, and mango flavour burst ball thingies, all inside a yummy waffle bowl; I call mine the Kiwi Explosion. The boyfriend’s was mango yogurt with sour peaches and mango bursting balls. Both were super delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day.
As a Menchie’s Ambassador, I’m giving my readers an opportunity to win your own VIP pass to Menchie’s for the summer.
- Follow Menchies on Twitter or Instagram and@MaddyLovesBlog on Instagram and Twitter
- Tweet/share an image of your Menchie’s creation using the hashtag #MenchiesMyWay, include the name of your creation, and tag both myself and Menchies
I will choose a winner based on creativity for Menchie’s creation and name. The winner will receive a Menchie’s Summer VIP Pass that will give you 7 complimentary visits (up to $8 each) to your local Menchie’s in Canada.
Contest ends August 31, 2015, and you have to be resident of Canada in order to win. The Menchie’s Summer VIP Pass expires on October 31, 2015.