Our moms and sisters are the closest people to our hearts, and for Christmas, the best holiday gifts are always reserved for them! These gift ideas are also great for your boyfriend’s mom or sisters.
- Make Up For Ever travel brush set ($75 – my review of their brushes here) – this brush set is the perfect size and combination of brushes for those who want to upgrade their $20 drugstore brush set. Make Up For Ever’s brushes are hand made using synthetic fibres and a wooden handle. While synthetic, their bristles are some of the softest I’ve ever used and also pick up a good amount of product, not unlike natural hair brushes. This brush set includes a face/cheek brush and eye brushes, a complete set to create a full look on the face.
- Guerlain Petrouchka palette from A Night at the Opera collection ($95 – my review here) – hand’s down my favourite palette of this holiday season, the Guerlain Petrouchka Eye and Cheek Palette is the perfect luxury travel palette. Containing 5 eyeshadows and 4 blushes, you can create a plethora of looks using this little compact. It’s expensive, but collectors will know its value.
- Crabtree & Evelyn gift sets – Crabtree & Evelyn is offering several gift sets for body care, men’s care, fragrance, and even food for this holiday season. Use their convenient gift finder to find the gift for everyone in your family. My recommendation? The Hand Therapy Paint Tin.
- Baby Quasar Pure Rayz ($249 – my review here) – My mom has been using this for the past little while and so far really likes it. While it is preventative on me, its wrinkle-fighting properties are great for my mom. Pure Rayz is the least expensive, “entry-level” console from Baby Quasar. If your mom likes this gift, you can always upgrade to the luxury version next year!
- Kiehl’s gift sets ($50+) – As mentioned earlier, Kiehl’s does customized gifts for everyone on your list, complete with complimentary gift boxes and wrapping. For mom, I recommend grabbing a Nighttime Essentials set containing the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, the Midnight Recovery Eye, and also some minis of customers’ favourites anti-aging products. I’ve also reviewed a plethora of Kiehl’s products that you can also check out to compile your own gift.
- Clinique the Nutcracker Suite collection – For sister, this is a great travel set or entry-level makeup set, especially for a younger sister who is just starting to get into makeup. While the quality isn’t fantastic (see my review here), the colours are great for the holiday season and
- Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Sugar Plum set – the Rocky Mountain Soap Co.’s Sugar Plum scent for holiday just smells amazing, and they have several gift sets available that feature this scent.
- Micro Pedi ($39) – a godsend for those with dry, cracked feet. I’ve tried using those manual scrubber things and it just takes TOO long. The Micro Pedi has a spinning wheel that removes all dead skin from your foot, leaving your skin silky smooth, and in just under 10 minutes for both feet! Perfect for those busy moms out there.
- Nuxe gift sets – if you don’t yet know, Nuxe is a French pharmacy brand that creates super practical products that are effective yet inexpensive (you can see some of my review here). Some of their cult classic products include the Huile Prodigieuse, a body oil, and their rose-based skincare products. Their holiday gift sets feature several of their most-loved products for both the face and body, and are available at select drugstores such as Shoppers Drug Mart.