For the summer, Lush is releasing 6 new inventions. I’m reviewing the Parsley Porridge Soap and D’Fluff Shaving Soap below.
- African Paradise Body Conditioner – a blend of Fair Trade shea butter and Fair Trade Moringa oil to soften and nourish the skin, and Fair Trade aloe gel to soothe the skin.
- Zeste Hair Gel – a lemony zesty fruit-based hair gel that provides the hold without the grease.
- Mangnificent Soap – formulated with zingy Sicilian lemon oil, mandarin oil and neroli oil, as well as fresh mango puree and mango slices will help to wake you up on Monday mornings.
- Granny Takes a Dip Bath Bomb – this bath bomb infused with lemon oil will create a mesmerizing swirl of colour in your bath tub.
- Parsley Porridge Soap – made with fresh parsley, finely ground oatmeal, thyme, tea tree oil and aloe gel, this soap gently exfoliates, soothes, and freshens on a hot summer day.
- D’Fluff Shaving Soap – a shaving soap created with fresh strawberries, egg whites and golden syrup, blended with rosehip oil, coconut oil and maple sugar.
This is one of the more moisturizing Lush soaps I’ve tried. It smells quite herbally and when I have it in my bathroom, it makes my entire bathroom smell like herbs. It doesn’t sud up as well as some of the other Lush soaps, but I love that it is so moisturizing and not stripping. I enjoy using this in the summer because the tee tree oil acts as a pore de-clogger for those hot summer days or after exercising. The aloe gel also helps to soothe the skin. It’s not as refreshing as say, one of Lush’s more zesty soaps, but I do enjoy using this one a lot. If you’re looking to try something more natural that also helps to treat and soothe the skin, Parsley Porridge Soap will be your friend!
Ingredients: Tea Tree Infusion (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) ,Glycerine , Sorbitol , Fresh Aloe Gel (Aloe Secundiflora), Water , Fresh Parsley (Carum petroselinum) , Fine Ground Oatmeal (Avena sativa) , Thyme Oil (Thymus zygis) , Sandalwood Oil (Fusanus spicatus) , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Titanium Dioxide , Sodium Chloride ,Chlorophyllin , *Limonene , *Geraniol , *Farnesol ,*Linalool , Fragrance , EDTA , Tetrasodium Editronate ,Sodium Hydroxide
This shaving soap smells SO GOOD, just like strawberry jelly. It’s perfect for use at the end of a long day as its sweet and helps to calm my senses down, as well as helps me dream of strawberry desserts at night! It’s super fluffy, like the texture of marshmallows, and you only need a bit (quarter size) to spread out and shave over. I use this mainly on my underarms and it’s great for that sensitive area as it creates enough of a cushion to shave over. The egg whites, rosehip oil, and coconut oil also help to condition and moisturize the area. If there’s one thing you need to try from this new collection, it’s the D’Fluff Shaving Soap!
Ingredients: Water , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) ,Saccharide Hydrolysate , Glycerine , Organic Rose Hip Oil (Rosa canina) , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Fresh Strawberries (Fragaria vesca) , Fresh Organic Free Range Egg Whites ,Fragrance , Organic Maple Sugar (Acer saccharum) ,Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA ,Tetrasodium Editronate , Sodium Hydroxide , Titanium Dioxide , *Eugenol , *Limonene , *Benzyl Alcohol ,Hexyl Cinnamal , Red 27 , Red 40