It’s no secret that I suffered from acne and related scarring in my younger years; I did a whole post about it here! Even to this day, my skin scars easily post-breakout, and I know first hand that acne-scarring is something that can negatively affect one’s self-esteem and self-confidence. That’s why I was curious to check out, A Scar Free Me, a new online social community dedicated to providing resources and social support for people who suffer from acne scars. Some of the features of the website include:
- Acne resource library: an online encyclopedia with information on options for treatment, as well as educational background information on why and how acne scarring can happen;
- Videos: talking about the physical and emotional scars that acne can leave behind;
- Ask the expect: a platform which allows you to connect with skin care and self-esteem experts;
- Community message board: an open forum for users to share experiences and help each other;
- Confidence Corner: the official blog of A Scar Free Me.
Why A Scar Free Me is for all acne-sufferers
I remember when I went through a phase when I was stressed out and developing serious bouts of acne on my face. It really deteriorated my self confidence, and at the time, there weren’t many people I could talk to about this because not many people considered it to be a real issue. I wish I would have had A Scar Free Me to give me the resources and expert connections that would have allowed me to speak to someone about the issue, both on an emotional level, as well as the physical.
If you happen to get acne a on regular basis, and if you are like me and you scar really easily (oh the sadness), I urge you to share your story on A Scar Free Me and help others get past the barriers.
This post was written by me and sponsored by A Scar Free Me.