Summer is coming! We’re finally starting to see some extended periods of sun and warmth in Vancouver so I’m slowly preparing my skincare routine for the summer season, and that includes copious amounts of sun protection products.
L’Oreal Paris’ new and improved sun care formulation uses L’Oreal’s patented UV filter system that provides long-lasting protection against the sun’s harmful rays, as well as several antioxidants (such as grapeseed oil, sea buckhorn oil, sea oil, sunflower seed oil, and vitamin E) to help beautify the skin.
I’m generally not a huge fan of western brand sunscreens because I find them to be quite heavy compared to Asian sunscreens (like my favourites from Biore), but I was pleasantly surprised by L’Oreal Sublime Sun. While they are still not as light compared to Asian sunscreens, they are more moisturizing, water-resistant, and provide better protection against the sun. They are also generally cheaper to buy compared to Asian-brand sunscreens, especially when applying it all over the body. Also, you can select from a wide variety of formulas and SPF levels to suit your preferences, skin type, and specific needs.
The L’Oreal Paris Sublime Sun series comes in 7 different formulas, all of which can be used on the face and body:
- Silky Sheer BB Cream – SPF 50
- Silky Sheer Face Lotion – SPF 50
- Silky Sheer Mousse – SPF 30 and 50
- Silky Sheer Lotion – SPF 15, 30 and 50
- Quick Dry Sheer Spray – SPF 30 and 50
- Invisible Protect Dry Oil Spray – SPF 15 and 30
- Invisible Protect Sheer Spray – SPF 30 and 50
Also new for this summer, an After Sun Rich Repairing Lotion that smells AHMAZING! This super moisturizing (but light weight) lotion soothes and nourishes the skin after any length of time in the sun. It feels great on the skin and I can feel it working its magic while absorbing.
Bonus – L’Oreal provides these tips in order to get the most effective sun protection:
- You need about one shot glass full – 30 mL to be exact – of sunscreen for your entire body in order to get the maximum sun protection
- You can’t skip sunscreen on a rainy, overcast or snowy day because the sun’s rays are just hidden and still damaging to the skin.
- You should apply sunscreen approximately 30 minutes before going outdoors, and must be reapplied every 2 hours, or after swimming or towel-drying your skin.
- UV rays are the strongest and most damaging during the hours of 10AM to 4PM, so remember to take cover under some shade, wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and UV protective clothing.
- Choose water-resistant and broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher to help you stay protected when outdoors or in the water.
L’Oreal Paris Sublime Sun collection is available now London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart and other mass market retailers and drugstores for a suggested retail price of $14.99 per product.