A few weeks ago, I wrote about how I realized my dream in planning a blogger mini-conference in Vancouver with my fellow bloggers MizzJ and Angela. I’m happy to report back that Blog and the (Van)City was a success!
Highlights of the event:
- North American preview of the highly anticipated LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel
- Canadian preview of the super exciting Revlon x Marchesa collaboration (reviews coming soon!)
- LUSH Cosmetics doing live demos with their massage bars, Ocean Salt Cleanser, Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner
- Listening to Brandi from LUSH Cosmetics, Cynnamon from London Drugs and Sarah from Fashion Capsule speak about their experiences working in PR and collaborating with bloggers, as well as their advice to bloggers on how to work with brands
- Open forum Q&A and discussion about how bloggers and brands can better collaborate so everyone can benefit
- Learning about the do’s and don’ts of working with brands
- Hearing from experienced bloggers Alison and MizzJ speak about their experiences in blogging
- Discussions about how to create better content
- The plethora of products and discounts that everyone was able to take home thanks to our generous sponsors at Lush, Revlon, Marcelle, Almay, Annabelle, and Jukebox Print.
I had an amazing time and even though I’ve been blogging for 5 years now and working with brands for more than 2 years, I learned a lot about best practices while collaborating with brands and also how to create more engaging content. You can follow our discussion and any other follow-ups on Twitter with the hashtag #blogvancity.
Thank you everyone for coming out to the event, and special thank you to Courtney from Lush, Kelsey from Revlon, and Isabel from Marcelle for providing products, and Metropolis at Metrotown for sponsoring the event space. Also thank you to Mimi for being our photographer at the event.
P.S. I’m giving away a full set of Revlon x Marchesa nail appliques on my Instagram. You just have to follow me on Instagram and like the photo to be entered, and I’ll pick a winner on October 13, the day before the collaboration is to hit stores.
P.P.S. In case anyone is interested, I was wearing a dress by Oak + Fort and a necklace from J. Crew.
Blog list of everyone in attendance: