I just received these this morning but I wanted to share the swatches with you as soon as I got them! L’Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadows are the newest formula of eyeshadow to excite the beauty blogging world. These single-potted eyeshadows are loosely pressed loose eyeshadows that come in a jar with a black stopper and lid. They are so finely milled that they feel like creams when swatched and applied to the eye area.
I have nine here to share with you, in colours:
- 001 Time Resist White – shimmery white; not as creamy or smooth as the other shades, more powdery and loose (not as pressed down), good highlight colour, semi-pigmented
- 002 Hourglass Beige – shimmery beige; relatively smooth, some powdery fall-out, semi-sheer
- 004 Forever Pink – shimmery peachy pink; slightly powdery, semi-sheer
- 005 Purple Obsession – shimmery purple with small specks of lavender glitter; smooth, creamy and pigmented
- 006 All Night Blue – shimmery dark blue with small specks of light blue glitter; slightly drier and more powdery compared to other shades, there’s a bit of drag when applying, very pigmented
- 007 Unlimited Sky – metallic light blue-silver; creamy and pigmented
- 009 Permanent Khaki – metallic olive green; VERY creamy (feels like a cream!!), very pigmented, extremely smooth
- 013 Burning Black – dark burgundy with specks of red glitter; more powdery and drier compared to other shades, there’s a bit of drag when applying, pigmented
- 015 Flashback Silver – metallic taupe-silver; VERY creamy, relatively pigmented, about 90% opaque
There is a bit of fall-out, as you would expect with loose eyeshadows, and some more than others. I found that it was easiest to apply these with fingers as they offer something to adhere to when blending the colour to the eyelids, otherwise a brush would just brush them off the eyelid rather than on the eyelid. I had 004 Forever Pink previously from Justine’s birthday gift to me and it wore on my eyes for the entire day without a base, so these really are long-lasting (usually eyeshadows crease on me after less than an hour without a base and last around 4-6 hours with a base).
They’ve been compared to Armani Eyes to Kill potted eyeshadows as they are generally the same idea, but I’ve never tried Armani Eyes to Kill so I can’t say anything. I have, however, tried the Lancome Ombre Magnetique which were limited edition, but had the same concept as these Color Infallible eyeshadows, but the Ombre Magnetique was much more powdery and drier than these which felt wet and creamy upon touch.
Overall, I would recommend these L’Oreal Color Infallible eyeshadows. Generally they are pigmented and smooth and the prices are reasonable at around $10 a pop. The colours I love most are 009 Permanent Khaki (overall favourite), 015 Flashback Silver (for the formula) and 006 All Night Blue (for the gorgeous colour).
Here are the swatches:
I hope these swatches and my review were useful! Please let me know if you have any questions. I’ll be doing a series of looks and tutorials with these eyeshadows soon so please keep a lookout for them.