I received some skincare products from Reviva Labs to review. All of these were scent free.
In the same order:
Reviva Labs Eye Gelee
- What they claim (from Revivalabs.com): Exceptionally light gelee nourishes the eye area with collagen, herbal extracts, elastin and mucopolysaccharides to combat puffiness.
- Texture: Light gelly, absorbs easily, cooling. A little goes a LONG way.
- Effect: Offers a good level of surface hydration while softening the look of lines around my eyes.
- Price: $11 for 1oz (30mL) – Great value!
- Overall: This is a very good beginner’s eye product, meaning if you are just starting out to use eye creams and need something hydrating but no frills, and at a lower price point, this would be good for you. I would NOT recommend this to people who wear eye makeup, because as I was blending my eyeshadow, this would pill and come off.
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- What they claim (from Revivalabs.com): Our highest-potency daily moisture booster! Reviva Labs has now compounded a higher level of premium Hyaluronic Acid into a precious fluid that can help raise skin’s moisture level to fill-in furrows, plump up tissues and tone-down lines. Apply under creams in the evening or alone to hydrate skin. If also seeking firmness, alternate with our DMAE Firming Fluid. Benefits: Unlike products that depend on moisture in the air, HA can help hydrate skin even in dry climates or heated rooms that rob skin of moisture.
- Texture: Light gel
- Effect: Good level of surface hydration and makes my skin look smoother
- Price: $22 for 1oz (30mL)
- Overall: I used this serum during the day after toner and before the Hawaiian Seaweed Day Cream they also sent me (to be reviewed later). I found that together with the day cream, it pilled (like little eraser dust balls) and came off, which kind of defeated the purpose of it. If I used a light emulsion, then it wouldn’t pill. Overall though, I didn’t like it because if I doesn’t work with its own branded products, I wouldn’t want to go the extra mile in finding a product that does work with it.
Reviva Labs Collagen Serum (tested by my mum)
- What they claim (from Revivalabs.com):With a high percentage of soluble collagen to hydrate skin, our serum not only helps increase skin’s moisture level, it helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. This easily absorbed serum features Collagen Concentrate that permeates deeper than cream to bind moisture and help improve the contours of facial skin. Regular usage alone or under supplementary creams (such as antioxidant, elastin or peptide creams) can help smooth severe as well as fine dry lines or help improve skin texture.
- Texture: Light gel, a little bit tinted yellow in colour
- Effect: Good level of surface hydration and together with the Elastin and DMAE Night Cream, she woke up with smoother and plumper skin
- Price: $25 for 1oz (30mL)
- Overall: My mum used this at night after toner and before the Elastin and DMAE Night Cream. With the night cream, this product also pilled if you massaged at it, which was a major problem when she was using this. She did notice smoother and plumper skin when she woke up though, which she was very happy about.
Overall I wasn’t too happy with these products as together with the creams they sent me, they pilled and rubbed off. This made applying makeup very inconvenient and also made me wonder if any of it was left on my face afterwards.