Here are some more quick reviews, this time of cleansers I’ve tried recently. I’ve been looking for a mild cleanser that won’t dry out my skin. I’m also trying to move to more natural skincare products, so I’ve been avoiding products with sulfates and too many chemicals in them.
Philosophy Purity Made Simple
- Texture: Light creamy gel, slightly runny and foams up a little bit. This is perfect for people who want a milder cleanser.
- Quality of clean: Cleans very well without stripping my skin or making it feel dry or tight.
- Price: $10USD for 3 oz on Sephora, available in a number of different sizes
- Overall: I really like this cleanser; it cleans well without stripping my skin and it is very easy to use. Too bad it has sulfates in it or else I’d stock up on the large size.
Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).
Burt’s Bees Radiance Cleanser
- Texture: Light creamy cleanser that slightly foams up, very similar to Purity Made Simple.
- Quality of clean: Cleans very well without stripping my skin of its natural oils. Everything about this cleanser reminds me of Philosophy Purity Made Simple, except that this one is more natural).
- Price: $12.85 for 175mL from Well.ca
- Overall: If you are particularly sensitive to scents, then you may not like this one. The first time I used it I was completely taken aback by the scent as it smells like hair dye, specifically ammonia. I’m used to it now, and I’m pretty sure there is no ammonia in it, it is probably just the combination of all the ingredients that is making it smell like this. I love it and I will continue to buy it. Also interesting to note that this product is 99.2% natural.
Ingredients: water, decyl glucoside, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) oleosomes, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, glycerin, royal jelly, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, hydrogenated jojoba oil,, vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) extract, saccharum officinarm (sugar cane) extract, acer saccharinum (sugar maple) extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, citrus medica, limonum (lemon) extract, fragrance, glucose, xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium chloride,, lactoperoxidase, glucose oxidase
P.S. I’m flying home today! =)