Sorry for the lack of skincare posts. I’ve been trying some new things recently because the new night cream I bought isn’t really doing its job and so I’ve been looking for a new one. I’ve decided that I will do these mini-reviews of these skincare products I’ve tried. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while then you will know that I don’t generally review skincare products unless I’ve been using them for at least 2-6 weeks, but I feel having some review is better than no review at all, so here you go!
Please keep in mind that all of these products were NOT used over a long period of time. I cannot say what would happen if I did use them over my usual test period, so these are just general thoughts and first impressions. The end effect might be better or worse if I used it over a longer period of time, so please read with discretion!
Amore Pacific Time Response Skin Renewal Creme
[photo from Google]
- Texture: Opaque cream-gel with the texture of milk and honey. It also looks and feels like I’m spreading milk and honey on my face.
- Scent: Smells like milk and honey! This is probably the lightest/most natural scented Amore Pacific product I’ve tried, but it is not an unnatural scent.
- Price: $400USD for 50mL, quite possibly the most expensive skincare product I’ve ever used.
- Overall: This spreads easily and a little goes a long way. I used this at night and I would wake up with radiant and more even and smooth skin. I also feel that it helps to balance my skin out – it moisturizes without being greasy. I would love to try this again, but probably not in the near future as the price is too steep for me now.
Guerlain Super Aqua Serum
[Photo from Google]
- Texture: Opaque light cream.
- Scent: Floral – the scent is a little strong, but I still like it because I personally like floral scents in my skincare products.
- Price: $165USD for 30mL
- Overall: It spreads easily and absorbs a little slowly compared to other serums I’ve used. It is hydrating but thats it; for that price I would expect a little more.
Chanel Beaute Initiale Energizing Multi-Protection Cream SPF 15
- Texture: Thick cream (its PINK!)
- Scent: Can’t really put a finger on what exactly it is, but its a little floral with a mix of sunscreen smell
- Price: $75USD for 50mL
- Overall: Absorbs a little slowly, but similar to other face creams released by Western brands. It gives my face a nice glow to it and I look well-rested, even though I may only have had 4 hours of sleep. I like that it has SPF 15 in it, which is good enough for normal days where you’re not going to be out in the sun all day.
Chanel Beaute Initiale Energizing Multi-Protection Eye Cream SPF 15
(I can’t find a photo of this… the sample I got was the cream, not the gel)
- Texture: Light milky cream
- Scent: Slightly floral with a mix of sunscreen smell
- Price: The gel is $70USD for 15mL, I have no idea what the cream costs… it should be similar
- Overall: I don’t really like this one. I feel that the level of moisture is not really enough for what I need. Also I don’t know if it is because of the scent or the sunscreen, but my eyes feel dry and somewhat stingy (like there is mint around my eyes) when I use it. I probably won’t buy.