Thanks to MizzJ, I was invited to attend the Stila summer cosmetics launch. This was held at the Opus Hotel + Bar in Yaletown. I’ve been to the Opus for events before and it is the perfect atmosphere and set-up for presenting a launch and then mingling.
There were so many highlights of the night, I don’t even know where to start. I guess the event was mainly to launch the Vibrant in Vancouver ($21) palette that Stila is launching as part of their “passport” palettes series that are based in different cities around the world. The Vibrant in Vancouver palette contains 3 shimmery shades and 2 matte shades for eyes, and then one creamy convertible lip and cheek stain.
In addition, there is this In the Moment Eye Shadow Palette ($50) that contains 10 beautiful eyeshadows that can be used wet or dry, as well as an exclusive Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner.
- One Step Illuminator ($47) – serum, primer and illuminator in one
- All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminzer ($26) – liquid highlighter (and blush and bronzer depending on the shade), available in three shades: Pink Shimmer, Bronze Shimmer and Rose Gold Shimmer
- Baked Setting Powders ($44) – a baked powder that uses a grinder to shave the baked compact into loose powder, available in three shades: Set & Illuminate Powder, three brightening powders in one; Set & Correct Powder, three colour-correcting powders in one; and Set & Bronze Powder, three bronzer powders in one
- Stay All Day Lash Mascara ($29)
For cheeks & lips:
- Custom Colour Blush in Self Adjusting Bronze ($26) – a powder blush in a natural bronze hue
- Passion Fruit Crush Lip & Cheek Stain ($31)
There were so many other Stila makeup on display, including their new baked powders that has a “shaver” where you can grind the top of the powder to make it loose. I’ll go into more detail about these products as I review them one by one.
See more photos of the makeup and the event!
Ardell was also there doing demonstrations of their lashes on each of us. I chose their natural lashes which indeed looks very natural on me. The main thing about these Ardell lashes that I absolutely love is their clear band, which ensures that they are very comfortable when worn.
They invited a caricaturist to come draw our caricatures! Mei Yu, a pretty well-known caricaturist in Vancouver was present at the event to draw each of our Stila girls. The funny thing was about 7-8 years ago, I had my caricature drawn by her at the PNE, and it’s still hanging on my wall!
Here is Sarah from Cooper’s Closet posing with her caricature, which is super adorable!
Thanks to Christine from Stila Canada and Lauren from NKPR for coming out to Vancouver and hosting the fabulous event!
Reviews and up close product shots coming soon! =)
Me & Sarah! <3
Lauren from NKPR
There was so much fooooood!
Vonnie‘s new Chanel Camellia Wallet on Chain… super jelly!